150th Anniversary REUNION Contest
Are you a past or present Mt. Washington Cog Railway Employee? Come to the reunion!
The Mount Washington Cog Railway is giving away 2 Train Ticket Packages to the 150th Anniversary Employee Reunion on June 23rd, 2019! This package includes:
* 2 Tickets to the June 23, 2019 employee reunion
* 2 Tickets for a Ride on a Cog Railway Biodiesel Locomotive
To enter, simply be a current or past employee of the Mount Washington Cog Railway in good standing and fill out the form to the right! On May 11th, 2019 we will e-mail a randomly selected winner!
For more information about the 150th Employee Reunion, or to purchase tickets, please visit: https://www.thecog.com/reunion/
Sign Up For the Cog Railway Newsletter!
Share this contest!
A Once in a Lifetime Event!
This is a special ticketed event. Availability is extremely limited. Celebration Activities & Events Include:
- Special presentations by Railway Owner Wayne Presby & Guests
- Hors d’Ouvreuse & cash bar hosted by Chef Joe’s
- Music, Photo Booth & Pictorial History of the Cog Railway
- Special 150th Anniversary Commemorative Gift Package
- Film Crew to record and document stories throughout the years
- Special fireworks presentation
Tickets are currently on sale and will be available until sold out. Space is extremely limited and pre-purchasing is required!
Terms and conditions may apply. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner.
Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. The Mount Washington Cog Railway and its agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the thecog.com/150contest and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Mount Washington Cog Railway, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions ofThe Mount Washington Cog Railway as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on May 4th, 2019 and ending May 11th, 2019. All online entries must be received by midnight EST, May 3rd, 2019.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at thecog.com/150contest or on facebook. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Mount Washington Cog Railway. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Mount Washington Cog Railway.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive 2 train ticket packages to the 150th Anniversary Gala worth $250. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Mount Washington Cog Railway. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Mount Washington Cog Railways discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Mount Washington Cog Railway to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of The Mount Washington Railway Company. Winner will be notified by e-mail within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Mount Washington Railway Company shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Mount Washington COG RAILWAY‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Mount Washington Cog Railway, anyone acting on behalf of Mount Washington Cog Railway, and Mount Washington Cog Railway’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Mount Washington Cog Railway. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Mount Washington Cog Railway from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Mount Washington Cog Railway may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Mount Washington Cog Railway reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Mount Washington Cog Railway’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Mount Washington Cog Railway may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Mount Washington Cog Railway. Mount Washington Cog Railway] reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.Mount Washington Cog Railway has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Mount Washington Cog Railway reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Mount Washington Cog Railway and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE United States OF AMERICA AND New Hampshire, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Hampshire having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Mount Washington Cog Railway 3168 Base Station Road, Mt. Washington, NH. Requests must be received no later than May 10th, 2019.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Mount Washington Cog Railway, 3168 Base Station Road, Mount Washington, NH
15. Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Mount Washington Cog Railway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.