Current Employment Opportunities:
Below are the descriptions of seasonal job opportunities we have available here at the Mt. Washington Cog Railway! We would love to hear from you. The quickest way would be to email us.
A Mount Washington Cog Railway Brakeman’s main function is to ensure safety protocols, operate the brakes on the coach on the return trip down the mountain, as well as serve as the eyes and ears of the locomotive operator in the cab. This person also serves as a conductor on the train, functioning as a tour guide and Cog representative for the public. Applicants should be comfortable riding the train as well as speaking in public. The Mount Washington Cog Railway provides all necessary training and information for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Greet guests and safely operate all train equipment in a safe and secure matter.
Tell the history and facts about Mount Washington on the ascent and descent of the trip.
Inform and educate guests as to Railway ticketing options and answer any inquiries produced by guests.
Create an overall positive experience for our guests, whether in person or over the phone through use of positive language and professional courtesy.
Act as a member of a team, to accomplish the goal of providing an excellent customer service experience for our guests while also working against a time deadline.
Assist and help out in other departments as needed including but not limited to: Scanning, Building Cleaning, Parking Attendant, Train Shop
Must be able to speak in public to a group of guests in a cohesive, clear manner.
Must be able to safely operate brake wheels and pay attention at all times.
Must be available to work weekends and holidays .
Must be punctual and reliable.
Must provide excellent service to internal and external customers..
Can adapt to unexpected situations.
Must be able to remain calm and portray a friendly demeanor in stressful situations.
Must be able to take and pass a drug screening.
This is a seasonal job with a layoff at the end of our season.
We are currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a full time or part time Janitor. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as the need arises. The Janitor will be responsible for cleaning bathrooms, kitchen and dining room and public areas. This is fantastic opportunity to earn competitive pay.
- Perform general cleanup of all areas of the building as directed
- Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas including the parking lot
- Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders
- Remove garbage and recycling as needed
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
- Ensure restrooms and general areas are maintained and fully supplied
- Willingness to work early morning or evening shifts
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Capacity to take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 50 pounds as necessary
This job includes performing a variety of tasks:
Preparing the food, stocking supplies, serving, charging people for their food, handling cash, credit cards, and a cash register, cleaning tables and counters, greeting customers and answering questions.
- Customer Service- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively providing the best experience
- Stamina: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Teamwork: Working as a team to insure everything is running smoothly and customers are happy
- Will be trained in-house on all equipment
- Must provide excellent service to internal and external customers
- Must have the ability to adapt to unexpected situations
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must be able to remain calm and portray a friendly demeanor in stressful situations
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Prior Quick preparation oven experience a plus, but we will provide training, if needed.
THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION